Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Corel Interface

Default Corel Interface

Hello guys, i am just abit frustrated about my Interface for corel, the interface on tutorials, and form other peoples Corel painter i have seen, it looks very white, sleek, and modern, but on my Corel painter, it seems to be like a brown color very jagged corners and looks old and dull..

1 question.

how do i change the appearance of my User Interface? so it looks abit more modern, like the interface shown on the Official tutorial.

Thanks

Luke
    IP

Default Re: Corel Interface

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey120292 View Post
    Hello guys, i am just abit frustrated about my Interface for corel, the interface on tutorials, and form other peoples Corel painter i have seen, it looks very white, sleek, and modern, but on my Corel painter, it seems to be like a brown color very jagged corners and looks old and dull..

1 question.

how do i change the appearance of my User Interface? so it looks abit more modern, like the interface shown on the Official tutorial.

Thanks

Luke
    What version of Painter are you using and what operating system?
    (winXP, OSX,-other?)
    IP

windows XP m8, and its an education pack, but its corel 9, full version
    IP

I want my interface like the first image, mine is like the second image, but its IX ( 9 )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-interface-01.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	39788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corel_painteressentials3clone.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	39792  

Last edited by Lukey120292; 12 July 2007 at 08:42 PM.
    IP

MS windows or Mac?
    if windows it may be the way you have it configured

ED IT - ok I see you have XP - do you have it set to classic view?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey120292 View Post
    I want my interface like the first image, mine is like the second image, but its IX ( 9 )
    Your first image is a screen print of Mac Corel Painter X so you won't be able to set up your display this way in Windows, with any Painter version.

Your second image is a screen print of Corel Painter Essentials 3, not Painter IX (though that makes no difference in the context of this discussion).

In WinXP Home SP2, I use Windows Classic Style, with the Windows Standard color scheme. Using Windows Classic Style, we have many options to choose from for the color scheme but I prefer the non-distracting standard.

http://www.pixelalley.com/demos/PIXd...assicstyle.jpg

We can also choose Windows XP Style, then choose from three color schemes, blue, olive, or silver.

http://www.pixelalley.com/demos/PIXd...style_blue.jpg

http://www.pixelalley.com/demos/PIXd...tyle_olive.jpg

http://www.pixelalley.com/demos/PIXd...yle_silver.jpg

Working in Corel Painter is colorful enough without the interface competing with what I want to concentrate on....art.

Besides, I've been told the "fancier" styles and color schemes can be resource hogs which is certainly not helpful since Painter needs all the system resources we can provide.

If you really want to change the display, do this:

1. Close all programs.

2. Go to Start > Control Panel > Display.

3. Click the Appearance tab.

4. In the Windows and buttons drop down list, choose the style. The new style will display in the top panel.

5. In the Color scheme drop down list, choose the color scheme. The new color scheme will display in the top panel.

6. When you're happy with the style and color scheme, click the Apply button and when the change is completed, click the OK button.

7. Launch Painter to see how you like the new style and color scheme.

8. If you don't like it, close Painter, go back to Start > Control Panel > Display, click the Appearance tab, then try again.

Last edited by Jinny Brown; 13 July 2007 at 04:38 AM.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP