Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re positioning text

Hi Guys

Im sure one of you talented Guys Can tell me if & how to Reposition the text on 3D I have a background picture of a girl & want to put her Name in spinning letters over the top but the letters always seem to be in the center of the page which means they spin across her face. Can i Move the lettering towards the bottom of the page.
    Cheers Guys
    Mark....

Default Re: Re positioning text

Hi, Mark,
    the easiest way is simply to position the cursor to the left of the text, then press Return a few times. Remember that Xara3D is primarily a text-based application, so you can move text around on a page by typing or deleting Carriage Returns, or Space characters to the left of a line of text.

Think Notepad!

There are other positioning tools that can be used, too, like resizing linespacing, or individual characters, and so on.

Mike

You can also hold down an ALT key and drag the text around the work area. Mike mentioned resizing the text and you will probably have to do that because the default fit to screen makes the text almost fill the work area.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Good tip about the Alt-drag, Bill, I forgot about that one. Must be my age, these days it sounds much better in hex!

Mike

Hi Mike & Bill

Thanks guys Bill nice tip I did have bit of problem When trying that it would go side 2 side not up n down I found the Alt key on the 1 side of my key board didnt work properly ok on the other side. Sorted Now. Thanks.

Regards Mark....