Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help request

Default Help request

Hi there, I'm absolutely new to Xara Xtreme (and Linux too in general) and need some help. I need to make something like this:

with a different text and picture plus around it a circle. It's supposed to be the middle of a dogshow rosette. Usually a friend of mine does this in Corel but this time she's not able to do them for me. Could you point me to some tutorial or website or just tell me how to do it? I'm quite in a hurry cause the show is this weekend...
    I'd try the 'search' tool but I have no idea what exactly do I look for..
    Thanks in advance.
    IP

Default Re: Help request

hi

xara on linux is different to windows, but if you are in a hurry I may be able to help, if no linux members are about.

if you could post up a copy of the picture you wish to use it would help a lot.

Meanwhile some quick tuts on text in a circle - hopefully they work in linux xara.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 July 2007 at 08:59 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Default Re: Help request

Hi,

I've attached a Xar file which you can open and read step-by-step instructions on how to attach text to a curve (which is what the main part of the logo you are trying to make will involve). In case you don't have Xtreme Pro, I've also attached a bitmap with the same content as the Xar file; the Xar file is multi-page and will only be able to be opened properly in Xtreme Pro (I think).

Xhris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text on a Curve.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	39766  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP