Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara pro PDF reopen in xara

Hi, is it a bug or just one of those PDF things. If I create a CMYK pdf in xara. Setting Acrobat 7, CMYK, 300dpi It opens fine in CS3 ai but will not import back into xara pro without dramatic shifts, making it unusable. Colors have turned black and the bitmap not recognizable..bug or what??? regards tao

Default Re: Xara pro PDF reopen in xara

Could this be a CS2 or 3 problem because this does not happen in the CS version? This man must have loads of money.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Albacore, luck I live at a compute/music college and get free legal eduction versions. I would never buy it. I only use it to look at the PDF. I still think there is something wrong with CMYK PDFs opening in Xara pro. Even if I don't open it in AI it will not reopen in Xara without dramatic shifts making it useless to work with. I would think that xara should be able to open its own PDFs...regards tao

I work for newspaper & printing company in Scotland do book covers and adverts for weekly colour supplements so take work home to finish and start. Never have huge problems opening and closing docs. unless it has effects not supported by the other programme and bitmaps especially tiffs and also Xara always converts CMYK bitmaps into RGB bitmaps on importing and that is why I think you are getting the colour shifts even with simulate printer colours turned on. I use either Illy or even better InDesign to assemble CMYK bitmaps and vectors together and then you can do the preflight in one go and be as confident as you can be when taking files down to the print room.
    Design is thinking made visual.