Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PDF Import/Export

Essentially all I did was to add a few new text boxes in another layer though, that's not really asking it to be a DTP program. Having said that the import is not exactly as the PDF original appears on screen as some fonts were substituted.

I've just pulled the PDF into Serif Pageplus X2, made a new layer and put in some text, saved and exported as new PDF and it works faultlessly. I'm not a rocket scientist, far from it, but what's the difference between adding adding some text in a new layer in XXP and doing the same in X2?
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Still think you are being unfair to Xpro as you used a DTP programme to do your work which was the point I was trying to make. I use Illustrator on a daily basis and even using that programme you can't edit the text very much as each word is treated as an object and you would have thought that Adobe would get that import right.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I'd use XXP to do the washing up if I thought I could get it to do it... love the program! However.... to level the playing field, I tried the same with Drawplus 8 and it worked fine!

It's going to be interesting to see what Serif's Drawplus X2 debuts like in the near future. I have to use DP8 in school for teaching. At BETT last year, I had a long chat with Patrick O'Connor, their software production manager, and he was very much on the ball when it came to Xara... his knowledge of the product was spot on, so DPX2 could be interesting.
    Last edited by w00dy; 08 July 2007 at 07:47 PM.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"