Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Practical application for this?

This may seem strange, but I backed into this in a strange way. I drew a few wavy lines and use the blend tool to make more and distribute them. I looked at it for a minute and thought how much it looked like elevation lines or a representation of the flow of land.

I thought that this might be a way to be a guide for myself on where to apply highlights and shading to give the illusion that the landscape is changing elevation.

I have attached the xar file that represents my doodles and is intended to give you a rough idea what I am talking about. (The lines layer is hidden, just turn it back on to see what I mean.)

What I am wondering is: Is there a practical application for what I found by accident? Do you pro artists out there create guidelines like this for yourselves to bring continituity to your drawing for shading or other applicaitons?

Just wondering,

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Practical application for this?

Hey Eric

Your doodle looks like cloth. Maybe you have discovered a technique for creating cloth with folds.

Gary