Hi, I take pictures with my 5MP camera and can output good quality 8" X 10" 200ppi pictures.

If I continue to increase the output image dimensions, then sooner or later I will get pixelation and the result is unusable! However, we have all seen 30"+ prints that are stunning!! I passed a photo shop just this morning. Max Spilman, or something like that, and they had such a picture on canvas and the quality was great!!

I had to go and ask what quality of image was needed; expecting image size, bit depth and ppi, all I got was, 'Any picture, as long as it is in focus!'

This raises two questions;
1. How do they do that?

2. If that is possible, then what size image and ppi should I be working on in Painter? I'm sure many of you have noticed that working on large files has a direct affect on the speed that Painter works, therefore is it better to work on a smaller image if that image can be inlarged with little loss of quality at a later date?

I have heard about plugins like 'Blow Up' and 'Genuine Fracals' and these seem to be designed to increase the size of images with little loss of quality. I

I would like to hear your comments about such plugins and, as I would like to have some of my finished work printed on to a 30"+ canvas/paper, your advice on how to work with Painter with this goal in mind?

Many thanks for your time and Happy Painting!
Richard