Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Color issue :(

Default Color issue :(

i have a very large image of flames and i opened the image in corel photo-paint i then used the convert to CMYK command, then made the image 300dpi and larger. i imported the image to coreldraw and everything was fine... then the other day i went into print preview and tried printing... once i cancelled out of print preview the image color had changed slightly... it seems to have become darker almost illuminated....?

i have tried looking at the color management incase it was just looking like that on screen... but even when i print it now it prints the same way....

how could this have happened? can i fix it?
    IP

Default Re: Color issue :(

The best way on pictures to change to CMYK is to use PhotoPaint to do it. DRAW isn't the best at viewing bitmaps. How does it look in PhotoPaint? Sometimes the Color Management settings flip out of Color Mangement and everything goes neon. You can put as I did a button on your tool bar which restores the Color Management and you can find it in Tools/Options/Customization/Commands/ and then look up Color with the binoculars, it will take you by everything with "color" in the title of it. When Color Mangement comes up, pull the icon out the the desktop. Tell the dialogue box ok. Then you can pull that now one-item toolbar to where all other toolbars are on the side or add it to an existing toolbar by Alt dragging to where you want it.

On your picture, if it doesn't look right in PhotoPaint, if it is too dark, I'd use curves or the histogram to fix it or you could also try the Image Adjustment Lab but that entails changing it back to RGB to do. You should check your backup file.

It is most likely a color management issue.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

hi Sally,

i tried adding that color management button to the top bar... but it just opens the color management interface... when i set that back to default it doesnt change my problem... i can only really see the issue with one image which is some flames... i just dont understand why it was fine one instance and then all of a sudden it changed when i was doing a print preview...?
    IP

Save your workspace first, and do the F8 key, holding it down the whole while on boot up. This will reset DRAW's settings to factory default and should stop that from happening. The reason I told you to save your workspace is that if you have custom settings, you will not lose them, but if you F8, then you can restore your settings by reimporting your workspace.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

okay, i tried that and it hasnt changed my colors on the flame so im now assuming it is not a color profile thing... but it definitely was fine one minute and then next it had changed....
    IP

It may have done a simple hue shift, you could take it into PhotoPaint, play with the hue slider, or with the Image Adjustment Lab (RGB) you have to switch to RGB to use that one, or curves. Also saturation. You should be able to shift it back to what you had it at before.

Sally M. Bode
    IP