Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default scale line widths help

I just wrote a help file about scale line widths for someone, and thought people here could benefit seeing as scale line widths has more than one function and is not necessarily well known. (Snap to guidelines must be on).

(Also notice how the highly optimised png image is more than 3 times larger than the original xar file).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scale Line Widths.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	39530  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: scale line widths help

Great mini tut Xhris.

I know it's there, but forget to use it. Thanks for the reminder when I have those "duh" moments.

Interesting point, I use the scale line width function for the single purpose of turning line scaling on or off. Eg. if I scaled an object that has a line width of 12pt by 200% and line width scaling is "on" the line will be scaled in proportion to the object, 12pt X 200% = 24pt. Otherwise line width remains unchanged, 12pt in this case if the function is "off".
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 04 July 2007 at 06:42 PM.

A much better and more complete name for this button would be 'include line width'. The function does far more than just apply to scaling; it also applies to snapping and size measurement.

Hmmm... Very good tip.

Although I use guides and snap to guides more. Snap to grid just gets in the way most of the time for me...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook