Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: EXtracting from a photograph problem

When you get a filled object, I woould change the color and set the transparency to see the image behind the object. Then draw the assitional objects and group them. Select the first object and the grouped objects and subtract the shapes. Then you can intersect or apply a clipview.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	39519  

Thanks for the advice Rich, handrawn and Alba... So how did u find the open path, having not known where I started the edit?

Alba - I did notice the lighting problems, not exactly sure how I will get around that at the moment. It is a problem. And I'l have to try remove that central portion, had noticed that too, but think Rich has now posted how to do that -something I was wondering about too.

Cheers
    Andy

in shape editor tool with a line selected - the home and end keys will then select the nodes at the line ends
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

HI Steve,

Thanks for the info.

Andy

You can always use the 9th blob as well. When you select a shape or shapes with the selector tool and have the "Show selection bounds handles" on you get the 8 blobs around the shape + a 9th blob which indicates where the outline of the shape starts. This is a great way of finding broken shapes as Xtreme always shows these points. It works even if your line is broken in several places (which can often happen) as a blob is placed over each lines start position.

I attach a screen grab of your drawing but I broke it into 4 lines. You can see the blobs (highlighted).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	193 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	39523  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    in shape editor tool with a line selected - the home and end keys will then select the nodes at the line ends
    Never realised that.

Another way, crude as it is, is to set an arrowhead on your line - of course it will only show at the end of the line, and as soon as you close the shape, it will disappear even if you forget to set no arrowhead.

Now that is a neat tip for a newbie! Never thought of the arrow. Might be a pretty good way for newbies to have as a default... The arrow would always point to the break in the line...

Be a real gripe point for any ole timer tho... changing any of the defaults is like starting the air raid siren... Once it gets going it really gets on your nerves...

John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Many thanks for all the valuable info guys. I'm sure it is useful to mnay as well as myself.

Cheers
    Andy