Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LiveEffects rasterizing

Hello guys,

I've got some troubles with rasterizing under LiveEffect Enhance feature and maybe somebody has had them, too, and maybe even knows how to get rid of them
    Usually I draw icons and often need to tune them according to pixel position. I use Enhance effect of LiveEffects tool because it rasterizes it right now, so I'm able to adjust icon details to pixels.

But when I need to move my icon, it views differently on a new place. Pixels are slithered so I have to adjust them again. That happens even if grid snapping is on.

Look at the example.

http://iconka.com/hlam/raster.png

First picture is a vector image (see the actual-size icon below, it is blurred and need to be tuned)
    Second picture is under Enhance effect and pixels are adjusted (see below, the icon is clear)
    Third picture is a copy if the second one, but moved aside. See, the edges are smeared again.

Does anybody know how to make it work OK?

Default Re: LiveEffects rasterizing

Under 'Utilities->Options' there is a setting for the default live effect dpi. Have you tried playing with that?

Assuming your grid snaps to pixels properly (obviously the grid will only keep things pixel-aligned if it snaps to whole pixels) then try holding down Alt while you drag. That ensures that the dragged object keeps it relative position to the grid rather than snapping the leading edge like grid snapping normally does.

Another tip: Set your nudge size to be a whole number of pixels and move objects around by nudging as well as, or instead of, Alt-dragging as described above. Remember you can use Shift and Ctrl modifiers to multiply the nudge distances by 10 and 5 respectively.

One final tip: use the X and Y fields in the selector tool infobar to retain the pixel offset. E.g. if the X field says "50.7pix" for the original position then make sure the new position also ends in "0.7pix". And remember you can move objects by whole numbers of pixels by typing into the X and Y fields. For instance, to move an object across the page 20 pixels type "20pix" alongside whatever is in the field, e.g. "50.7pix20pix". Xtreme will add the two numbers together and move the object to "70.7pix".

Hope that's useful.

Phil
    Last edited by PhilM; 08 July 2007 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Under 'Utilities->Options' there is a setting for the default live effect dpi. Have you tried playing with that?
    David,
    Thanks, but no, it is some other problem.. I'm OK with the default DPI, it is alingment that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Assuming your grid snaps to pixels properly (obviously the grid will only keep things pixel-aligned if it snaps to whole pixels) then try holding down Alt while you drag. That ensures that the dragged object keeps it relative position to the grid rather than snapping the leading edge like grid snapping normally does.

Another tip: Set your nudge size to be a whole number of pixels and move objects around by nudging as well as, or instead of, Alt-dragging as described above. Remember you can use Shift and Ctrl modifiers to multiply the nudge distances by 10 and 5 respectively.

One final tip: use the X and Y fields in the selector tool infobar to retain the pixel offset. E.g. if the X field says "50.7pix" for the original position then make sure the new position also ends in "0.7pix". And remember you can move objects by whole numbers of pixels by typing into the X and Y fields. For instance, to move an object across the page 20 pixels type "20pix" alongside whatever is in the field, e.g. "50.7pix20pix". Xtreme will add the two numbers together and move the object to "70.7pix".

Hope that's useful.

Phil
    Thanks Phil!

The very first tip (Alt holding) does the trick!
    Other ones work, too, but I prefer to move it with a mouse Thank you very much!

Default Re: LiveEffects rasterizing >> Question for Phil M

Is there somewhere in the Help File that mentions/defines the Alt-Drag technique you describe? I tried to search for it but had no luck.

John

For instance, to move an object across the page 20 pixels type "20pix" alongside whatever is in the field, e.g. "50.7pix20pix". Xtreme will add the two numbers together and move the object to "70.7pix".
    Never knew that one! It works with the minus sign as well. It also works with the W & H fields. Thanks Phil.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 08 July 2007 at 04:09 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Never knew that one! It works with the minus sign as well. It also works with the W & H fields. Thanks Phil.
    Great. My thanks too Phil.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    For instance, to move an object across the page 20 pixels type "20pix" alongside whatever is in the field, e.g. "50.7pix20pix". Xtreme will add the two numbers together and move the object to "70.7pix".
    That's very useful. Thank you for this great tip.

Remi

Excellent tip, Phil.

Gary