Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using a Scanner

Smile Using a Scanner

Using PSP I am accustomed to importing my scanner and using it in conjunction with PSP. Can someone direct me to some information whereas I can arrange the same in Extreme Pro.

Default Re: Using a Scanner

Hello Padito,

Xara Xtreme Pro does not have an ability to accept images direct from a twain or other scanner driver.

If you are using the newest 3.2.1 release you can configure you bitmap editor to be PSP. Using the Xtreme Pro and PSP together you can acquire the image from your scanner in PSP and when you save the image and exit PSP you will get the image in Xtreme Pro.

If you need further assistance please ask.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the advice - I was hoping to move out of PSP to Xara, but guess that is not on the cards until Xara get around to it!!

I use Xara Xtreme Pro in addition to PSP and Photoshop. Xtreme Pro is an excellent vector graphics application, but there are some bitmap (rastor graphic) techniques that PSP and/or Photoshop can do more quickly.

I have stopped upgrading PSP and Photoshop. Still have version 8.1 and older of PSP and haven't upgraded from Photoshop CS (version 8) although I prefer version 7 for some things.

Having multiple applications in your tool box for graphics isn't a bad thing. Different applications provide a pleasant change of pace occasionally.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the info Bill
    I got as far as PSP 9 but decided to change to Xtreme and have ordered 3.2, but have to date, not had time to get into it. I have been accustomed to using the scanner with PSP and decided to check if the same would apply to Xtreme. I guess you can't win them all. Thanks for your help as I am not technically inclined!!

It's not hard to set up PSP as your bitmap editor in XPro, Padito. Just go to Options | Effects & Plugins | Editing Bitmaps.

I use Xara for 95% of my work, but there will always be things I need another app for, particularly in the bitmap area. There's no one program that does everything, and those that try wind up doing many things poorly. (Just look at the vector tools in PSP. Yikes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Having multiple applications in your tool box for graphics isn't a bad thing. Different applications provide a pleasant change of pace occasionally.
    If a hammer is the only tool in your toolbox, everything looks like a nail.
    Charlie

I just scan using PSP, copy, then paste into Xtreme.

Paul

Or more simple is to choose for your bitmap editor Magix Xtreme Photo (Options/Plugins anf effects tab/Choose magix....) and scan trought there
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Quote Originally Posted by minimiro View Post
    Or more simple is to choose for your bitmap editor Magix Xtreme Photo (Options/Plugins anf effects tab/Choose magix....) and scan trought there
    LOL maybe, but I don't have 3.2..