Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wacom and freehand tool

This has been bugging me for some time, perhaps since I got my Wacom intuos 3. When I draw using my stylus and the freehand tool I often seem to get areas where points are drawn on top of each other for no apparent reason. This doesn't seem to happen when using the mouse. (It also seems slightly worse Using xtreme pro)

This could just be my setup (and I have ordered a new PC). But out of curiosity does anyone else get this?

Default Re: Wacom and freehand tool

I have gotten that even with a mouse when using the brush tool and the slider set for the most points. It can really be a pain when you are trying to find the end of a line...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

My problem occurs with the freehand smoothing set to the middle.

Squeaky,

Have you set up your tablet for use with XX in particular and not just used the standard settings for all applications? If not give it a try.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    I have gotten that even with a mouse when using the brush tool and the slider set for the most points. It can really be a pain when you are trying to find the end of a line...
    Press the 'END' key on your keybaord. It will highlight the end of the line.
    Similarly pressing the 'HOME' key will highlight the start of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    ....When I draw using my stylus and the freehand tool I often seem to get areas where points are drawn on top of each other for no apparent reason..
    Could it be related to the speed of your drawing movements?
    I use the Graphire4 and will get significantly more points when I slow down my drawing speed than I do with quicker movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Squeaky,

Have you set up your tablet for use with XX in particular and not just used the standard settings for all applications? If not give it a try.
    Sorry Egg. I don't see how that would help. Surely that only changes the pressure sensitivity and mapping options?

Squeaky,

I'm not sure. I have no problems with the freehand smoothing set at 50%, so I suspect it's something to do with a sensitivity setting of your pen. Just worth a look into.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smile Re: Wacom and freehand tool

In all probability it is just my machine if no one else is getting this.
    Xtreme runs slow on it as it is (overburdoned power supply)

Not to worry. I have ordered a new machine