Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy cannot get plug ins to work

purchased new Xara extreme pro and it shows the plug ins in my plug in folder under xara extreme...but when I open program and try to use them it will only let you do shadows..nothing else no other choices like it used to on my older xara.

Default Re: cannot get plug ins to work

You could try going to the options dialogue, effects and pluging tab, and pressing the setup button which allows you to chose the directory where the plugins are stored.

Thank you, I did do that before (last night) and I just tried it again, the "setup" tab will not work when I click on it it does nothing. Won't open or do anything.
    I'm frustrated, and don't have a clue what to do.
    mf

Hmm...the default folder for plugins is ./xara/xara xtreme (pro?)/Xara Picture Editor/PSplug-ins

There should be plugins in that directory. Give it a check.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING, THIS HAS BEEN THE ONLY HELP i CAN FIND.
    yes I looked and the files are all were you said they should be. But they still won't work.
    marlin

What versions of Xara have you got installed and where are each installed to (their directories)? This will help me suggest what to do next.

I have all of xara's products...menue maker..xara 3 D up to lastest of that...also webster..webstlye..then I have Xara extreme..now extrem pro.
    I have never had this problem with plug ins on my older version before pro, it's always worked just fine. But I tried opening old version and now it won't work there either. All the programs are in directory C/
    I think thats what you mean?
    marlin

not showing my last reply so I'll send another on..
    I have all of Xara's programs..menue make webster, webstyle. Xara 3D (both) and xara extreme and now extreme pro.
    They are all in directory C/ on harddrive.
    It appears now that the picture editor is not working..under utlities you cannot open it it won't let you have that choice. When I double click on picture to try to use it, it says it cannot find file. Yet when I go into the files under extreme pro there is a folder for it and it has all plug ins in it.
    What a mystery. I have also uninstalled and re-installed to see if that would work. It did not.
    marlin

Hmm. They should be installed to C:/program files/xara/xara xtreme (pro)/... by default.

If they are, and it's still not working, then I'm not sure what to suggest - especially if you've already uninstalled and reinstalled. I don't know why Xtreme (standard) isn't working now. That doesn't make sense.

Are you using Windows Vista? If so, try installing by right clicking the exe and selecting run as administrator. Otherwise, maybe put in a support ticket in Xara and see if they can help you.

Smile Re: cannot get plug ins to work

Thanks for trying to help...
    It took me all day monkeying around and going through everything I could think of to get problem solved. I finally figured out that because of picture editor not installing correctly on my first extreme it wouldn't let it work on pro either. I had to go into my administrative settings and allow Xara picture editor into my computer (after un-installing BOTH programs) then staring all over with the computer set to allow picture editor on it, reinstalling both.
    THANK GOD... It all works now.
    Just to get in and find out I have to purchase the plug ins I want anyhow. The ones that come with program are VERY FEW.
    mfarmer