Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Apple Mac - what's that?

Voters
359. This poll is closed
  • I only use a PC and I'm happy

135 37.60%
  • I only use a PC but wish I could use a Mac as well

38 10.58%
  • I only use a PC but wish I could use a Mac instead

28 7.80%
  • I sometimes use a Mac as well

26 7.24%
  • I often use a Mac as well

132 36.77%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Apple Mac - what's that?

Anyone can post in this thread and vote in the poll, even if you're not registered. But registering is recommended.
    IP

Default Re: Apple Mac - what's that?

I can build my own PC and get just what I want.
    Joe
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    I can build my own PC and get just what I want.
    Me too.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I find it extremely irritating that I am limited to my P.C. only, to access my Xara programs. Xara has announced they are coming out with an open source program, but nothing has been mentioned for MAC.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

As I always use a Mac as do most professional graphics and media people I have not bought Xara and have no plans to do so - I did check out a copy on a PC and would not consider it to be industry standard software although great fun for home users. If they do finally bring out a Mac version I would consider buying a copy to complement our existing software.
    IP

Just curious...

If one sees two professional renderings side by side, can one tell if it was done in a MAC or a PC?
    IP

James it depends on consideration of the difference in Gamma and the default dpi between the two platforms.

Mac renderings displayed on a PC can be very dark because many Mac's are configured for a higher Gamma. The inverse is true when displaying a PC image on the Mac.

There is also the "native" bitmap file type; .bmp for PC and .pic for Mac.

Taking the differences into consideration it would be a toss up or personal preference of the viewer if they know which was created on their personal favorite platform.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Talking Re: Apple Mac - what's that?

Half a year ago I jumped over from the PC to the mac with a great MAC pro and an Mac portable. Afther a view week of struggling (i whas used to work with Bill Gates for many many years) i am now a ver happy Mac user. One of the big reasons to step over whas to have the possibility to use windows with help of VM-ware and Parallels. First i used Parrallels know i use VM-ware.

When i go back to the virtual PC i do that fore only one reason and that is to use XARA. tried out all Xara alternatives on the mac but i simply have to admit that i am deeply in love (yes maiby also addicted to) with Xara.

So the biggest wish on this moment is to go out and buy XARA-MAC version. So please reprogram it. I will be one of the first buyers. If its to much work than please let go of all the DTP stuff and concentrate on the great graphics.

Greatings from (Mac) Harrie Denkers from Holland .
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Re: Apple Mac - what's that?

I have only used Mac for the last 4 years. I am sorry that you selected wx widgets as a rewrite tool rather than just rebuilding in c++ for the MAC. I used Xara a lot previously but have been forced to use other tools since converting. Isn't 4 years of not listening enough for Xara.

Mike
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Red face Re: Apple Mac - what's that?

I love Xara so much - so called professional progs from adobe are like herding cats by comparison, it's the reason I brought a pc.

I'm not into the pc mac thing, that's personal choice, but think that because there are lots of mac out there it is shortsighted of anyone, especially such a great prog, to not give us what we want and need.

Please soon...

Macuser - mostly

Smiles
    JonC
    www.jonathanchase.com
    IP