Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Need Help with pics

Hi There, I have Paint Shop Pro 7, I have had it for many years, and unfortunately do not use it except for cropping my photos. I now want to start fixing up some photos and am hoping someone can give me basic step by step instructions on how to correct the 2 photos I am attaching.
    The first one is what my camera called Color Accent. The only think that is supposed to have colors is the girls boquet. However, it also picked up pinks in some of her skin tones. Is there anyway I can room the pink from the areas I do not want it? On the second picture, I took pics at a wedding reception and the hall was so dark all my pictures came out dark. How can I lighten them up so they still look good. I tried playing with them but the lighting up I used seemed to give them a grayish look. Again since I dont know anything, can you give me basis step by step instructions on how to correct these issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T & Flowers.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	39230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T & D.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	39232  

IP

Default Re: Need Help with pics

I cannot at this moment help with colour removal but I put the wedding pic in Adobe starter and auto fixed the pic there
    I am sure that type of facility is available in your program to do likewise.

Name:	Wedding.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	39240  
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman
    IP

one way to fix the first photo is to use the brush tool and set the blend to hue

go carefully over the areas that you want to remove the color from and they should change to black and white.

see attached

best to work on a duplicate copy and not the original - just in case.

Name:	T & Flowers new.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	39241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	set.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	39242  

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Dont want to sound like a total idiot but where do you find the blend mode? It looks like it will work great, the pic you did for me is wonderful.
    IP

T & Flowers:
    Duplicated the layer. Used the freehand selection tool (lasso icon) and cut out loosely around the flowers and deleted that selection. It will still show because of the layer under it. Then clicked Color > Colorize using the settings Hue 0 Saturation 0. This turns the top layer gray while leaving the bottom layer colored. Grayscale would decrease the color depth and turn all layers gray which is not what you wanted. Then I just merged the layers and saved.

T & D:
    Effects > Enhance Photo > Automatic Contrast Enhancement with the settings Bias = Lighter. Strength = Normal. Appearance = Natural. Then Effects > Enhance Photo > Automatic Saturation Enhancement with the settings Bias = Normal. Strength = Normal and the Skintones present box checked. Then Effects > Enhance Photo > Automatic Color Balance with the settings Strength = 10, the Remove color cast box checked and Temperature at 6500. Those three tools work very well for photo fixing though you may need to adjust the settings for different pictures and to get the skin tones right. Not knowing what the people looked like in person I guessed for the right look.

This was all with psp7. I hope that is some help to you.
    DAL

Name:	DAL-T & Flowers.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	39270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAL-T & D.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	39274  

Last edited by DAL; 26 June 2007 at 06:43 AM.
    IP

Looks good DAL
    out of interest - am I right in thinking PSP7 has brush/blend[hue]? [I use PSP9]

VICKI - if PSP7 has brush tool, then the blend mode would be an option that you can set for this tool, if PSP7 supports such.
    Last edited by handrawn; 26 June 2007 at 08:27 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks Dal for the detailed step by step instructions I appreciate it.
    IP

Vicki, you MUST get rid of the background guy standing in the field and pointing. it looks like he's pointing to a giant bride..

Paul

(and change the crop to get rid of the building on the left)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Vicki, you MUST get rid of the background guy standing in the field and pointing. it looks like he's pointing to a giant bride..

Paul

(and change the crop to get rid of the building on the left)
    Keen eye Paul!
    IP

Steve
    psp7 does have brushes but you can't change the blend that way. You can however paint on a separate layer and change blend modes on the layer pallet to the one you want. The way you explained though can still be accomplished by using the retouch tool set to ONE of the "saturation/light/hue/color to target" selections and go over it with that to change what you like. The same end result but a little different set up on the tools is all.

Vicki
    You're welcome. I'm glad it helped.

Little man removed on the next page.
    Last edited by DAL; 26 June 2007 at 10:53 PM.
    IP