I've been using x1.1 for a while, and have decided to get up to speed with xp3.21.

One of my frustrations with older versions was that I was often unable to close freehand lines into shapes because the "end hit-detect" was too small; seemed like one or two pixels instead of the current (adjustable) 12.

However now, when I draw horizontal lines closely together -- like hatch marks -- they tend to connect into each other as concatenated lines or narrow shapes. I decreased the "Freehand end hit-detect" value to see if it controlled both line proximity and shape completion, and it does.

I would find it useful to have separate end-hit settings for discrete lines and for lines that fold around into shapes... Or, as a perhaps simpler alternative, I'd be content to set a small end-hit value, and press a modifier key to have the end of a freehand line connect to it's beginning. That function doesn't currently exist, does it?

Another thing I noticed in xp3.21 -- drawing shapes freehand with no line width and with 'give most recent attribute' checked -- if I accidentally fail to close a shape, I get a .67px line which carries over to the next shape. In my estimation, the times this behavior might be useful as opposed to annoying are not great. Any way to change this back to the way it used to work, so a line width of 'none' isn't automatically changed when a shape isn't completed?

Ned