Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Importing brushes into PSP 10

PLEASE HELP! I have recently discovered brushes in PSP 10 and have found many great brushes that I want to import. However, I'm having a tough time getting them to show up in my preset brush menu.

At first I put everything I wanted to import directly into: Program files/Corel/PSPX/Brushes, but that didn't work for everything (and I couldn't tell why it worked sometimes & not others).

Then I tried File/Import/Custom Brush, but mostly got messages telling me I already had these brushes loaded & to choose another name, when they were not available in my brush presets, even though I could see them in the folder where I'd extracted them to, and supposedly pointed my file location preferences to.

After some research, I did find out that newer PSP version brushes have 2 parts-the brush tip (.pspbrush) that goes in the Brush folder and the script (.pspscript) that goes in the Presets folder. Even though I have loaded both parts into the correct folders & specified the correct file location preference, most of the brushes I've loaded still don't show up in my preset menu, and I can't tell why some do but most don't. Now I'm totally confused, because using Preferences/File locations doesn't seem to work, and neither does Import Custom Brush.

What's worse, I've now lost all the default presets originally loaded into PSPX, and I can't get them back, even though I can see them in the (supposedly) correct folders.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really ready to (scream, throw in the towel, destroy my pc, give up . . . .)

I'll greatly appreciate any help from whoever can get through this long explanation.
    IP

Default Re: Importing brushes into PSP 10

Gosh - - - I can sympathise with you. It seems as if you have covered all bases and I really do not know what to suggest to help you. Perhaps you can post the brushes and I could try them out and see if I get the same errors.

I learnt this the hard way....... when I am "installing" a whole lot of new brushes or by copying and pasting, I make a back file of all my present brushes and then delete them out of the brush folders (that is the brush tips and scripts).

I then check to see if all the new brushes are working. If so, I then copy all my brushes back from the temp backup folder I made.

As I said I am sorry that is all I can think of, oh yes, try putting the scripts into the trusted folder and see if that works (not sure... but there is a chance that it may).

It all gets very confusing - - - sometimes I try and use brushes I created in PSP X in PSP 9 and then it says that I should put the script into the trusted folder, but I think it still did not work, cannot remember. I cannot see why a brush script should be in the trusted folder when it should be in the brush script folder???
    IP