Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: What is the absolute relevance of bitmap editors?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    No it does not. A hypothetical possibility is not superior to something that is already up and running and kicking ass.

See above.
    See also price, usability, speed .......... etc
    And who knows what else since its all so hypothetical?
    The thread is about relevance I thought.
    Artrage is far more relevant to my grandaughter than Xara.
    Go figure.

Ah ok, well, yes I appreciate your point then. But this thread was supposed to be all hypothetical and a big discussion etc. I meant it was hypothetically superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Ah ok, well, yes I appreciate your point then. But this thread was supposed to be all hypothetical and a big discussion etc. I meant it was hypothetically superior.
    Fair enough.
    But the irony is the new 'vector' wont work without the old 'bitmap technology' at its very heart?
    Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi !
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Fair enough.
    But the irony is the new 'vector' wont work without the old 'bitmap technology' at its very heart?
    Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi !
    Heh, true. But all computer output, no matter what discipline is rasterised by virtue of using pixels. It doesn't really add anything in support of bitmap applications to highlight this though. A good (ish) analogy is like to say all TV's use light to work, and a colour CRT TV (the vector product) won't work without the same things used in the black and white CRT TV (the bitmap editor). Therefore black and white TVs are somehow great and worth having in the long run, even though colour TVs do everything they do and a whole lot more.
    Last edited by Xhris; 24 June 2007 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    All computer output, no matter what discipline is rasterised by virtue of using pixels. It doesn't really add anything in support of bitmap applications to highlight this though. A good (ish) analogy is like to say all TV's use light to work, and a colour CRT TV (the vector product) won't work without the same things used in the black and white CRT TV (the bitmap editor). Therefore black and white TVs are somehow great and worth having in the long run, even though colour TVs do everything they do and a whole lot more.
    Let it rest Xhris - you appear to have all the answers, no need for anyone elses opinion.

I don't think there's much else to say really now. Unless anything's been overlooked. It was an interesting discussion, and David O'Neil in particular helped me learn something. Hopefully we'll see some of this hypothetical stuff in practice in the future - and I'm sure we will.
    Last edited by Xhris; 24 June 2007 at 05:47 AM.