Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara Web site

A few days ago I had no problems pulling up the 'new' XaraX web page. For the last two days, tho', it has again reverted to the old Xara page. Anyone else experience this? And if so, could it maybe have something to do with the non-release of XaraX?

Dick

A few days ago I had no problems pulling up the 'new' XaraX web page. For the last two days, tho', it has again reverted to the old Xara page. Anyone else experience this? And if so, could it maybe have something to do with the non-release of XaraX?

Dick

Yes - it appears to have disappeared!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FF0000">robings
    </font>

What was I lucky to download XARA BEta the firsdt time the new website whas on my screen starday morning. A few hours later in the afther noon the site whas gone. Ik think i went compleetly mad if i had to download it the second time.

So xara please stop the website magic.

I quickly go on playng with Xara X and waiting until the end of oktober.

My balcony overlooking Tower Bridge, London - no, I\'m poor!

yes, this evening (Tuesday) I managed to get to the new site and d/load the new beta 'X'. Now, four hrs later, I can't conect to it. Wow, XaraX looks excellent, and saving to Flash .swf format is a great addition to the program!

Originally they said the problem of the new site appearing and disappearing was due to time it takes the new IP address to propagate over the Internet and through all ISPs

After this didn't take effect after the usual length of time, it was discovered that the secondary DNS was still giving out the old IP address, so the old site re-appeared.

This is probably still the case, which is why some people see the site all of the time and some see it only some of the time. Try logging off and on again, or logging off and then logging on with a different ISP. Eventually you'll get a connection which uses the primary DNS to find xara.com's server, and will see the site again.

I'm sure it'll be sorted out soon

As Daniel has said, there have been some DNS issues which meant that the old site was still being seen.

We expected a certain amount - but it shouldn't have gone on for anywhere near this length of time. It seems that there has been one or two points along the connection route where the reference to the old site was still being cached.

Yesterday we had a significantly reduced number of people hitting the old site and today it's virtually none. Hopefully this will be the end of the problem.

Apologoies for the inconvenience and thanks for being patient.

Ed
    www.xara.com