Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Iguana

Default Iguana

Just thought I'd add a picture of an iguana I took at Fairchild Tropical Gardens here in Miami, FL. I've been a member of the Fairchild Garden Society for a number of years, and find it a wonderful place to visit.

I just acquired a tripod with a bubble level and I plan to do a panorama which I can then animate in Flash and post in that forum. But for now, I'll stick to still shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairchild-Iguana.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	38968  
    IP

Default Re: Iguana

Yes these imported lizards seem to be thriving, I went for an early morning motorcycle ride and counted 30 or 40 sun-ing themselves on the side of the road. Some were quite large.
    Fairchild Tropical Gardens here in Miami, FL.
    IMHO: The most beautiful stretch of road in S. Fla. Old Cuttler Road, from Coconut Grove south to Fairchild Tropical gardens.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 16 June 2007 at 07:16 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Iguana

Mike, you are right about that stretch of road. Awesome homes and magnificent landscaping.

I hate to admit contributing to the iguana population. I had a female green iguana, a little over 5 feet long, in a large cage outside. During storms, I brought her in the house. One day, there was a really big male green on top of her cage. The next day there was a hole in her cage and she was gone!

She was so tame that when I took her a bowl of fresh mango, she would climb down my arm and eat out of my hands. But she still dumped me for somebody greener...

Here's picture of my rival.

---
    Will
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Male Green Iguana.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	38980  
    Last edited by WolfMoonHP; 16 June 2007 at 11:48 PM.
    IP