Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Artistic Media stroke for USA flag day

I was just playing around with Artistic Media Tool brush and created a new brush. I'm not sure how to attach a file for the brush but it is simple to recreate it is just made of stars and strips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stars_and_strips5.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	38878  
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

Default Re: Artistic Media stroke for USA flag day

Very clever.

The only problem with this tool is it basically just stretches the created stroke along a path. This has worked well for most of your examples except the letter A, where the horizontal section shows 18 much smaller stars.
    It may be possible to achieve consistant sizes using the sprayer tool, but can't say I've ever quite mastered it myself...Nice effect though.

Sark
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Sark View Post
    Very clever.

The only problem with this tool is it basically just stretches the created stroke along a path. This has worked well for most of your examples except the letter A, where the horizontal section shows 18 much smaller stars.
    It may be possible to achieve consistant sizes using the sprayer tool, but can't say I've ever quite mastered it myself...Nice effect though.

Sark
    Thanks Sark,

Your right the "A" didn't look quite right. I redid the USA with a shorter cross piece with only 3 stars showing. I also redid the rest of the letters using geometric shapes rather than doing them by hand.

I’ve tried doing this stuff with the sprayer but you get a series of shapes and not a continuous flow. That won’t work for stripes going around curves. I started with a shorter section and then kept adding to it until I could make things and have the stars recognizable. I kind of like the distortion going around curves it shows that it’s all one piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usa.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	38905  
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

Very nice brush. I am thinking I could use the two you did as hearts for my two sons who are U.S. Navy. Would you mind?

You can put the brush in a zip file to share it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Very nice brush. I am thinking I could use the two you did as hearts for my two sons who are U.S. Navy. Would you mind?

You can put the brush in a zip file to share it.
    Thanks Sally,

By all means you can use the hearts for your sons in the US Navy. Anyone else who wants to use them for sending to their loved ones in the Armed Forces are more then welcomed to use them. That’s what I will be using them for myself.

The top half of the stars and stripes file is what I used to create different brushes. The bottom half are some of the things I created from the brushes. I saved it as a CorelDraw9 file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

When I use them, I'll post the results for you, Aunt Betsy. Thanks.

I found that even though they opened for me as a brush, that I could also save them to my symbols library. So if you choose to, you can also use them this way.

You can add this to a folder, by default CorelDRAW saves User Symbols to Application Data (sometimes a hidden file, you can gain access by telling Windows Explorer to Show All Files). When exporting a selection as symbols, be sure to have every item highlighted so that they will all appear in your symbols when you import them. You can save symbols both in a local file or so that you can access them anytime you have CorelDRAW open, which is much easier. Very handy place to store stuff.

So I have them both as symbols and as your brush. Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sallybode; 16 June 2007 at 08:51 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP