Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Noise Ninja and PSP 9

Has anybody tried Noise Ninja as a PSP plug in? I've found a place where it's ofered, but wanted to check with more experienced folk first. I continue to have trouble with noise, especially in shots I want to convert to BW.

I've found various work-arounds, like running noise reduction via PSP's edge sparing smooth at different levels for sky and the rest of the image. However, it's still not terrific---the tradeoff between detail/texture and smoothness still disappoints.

Noise Ninja has been suggested to me, so I thought I'd find out what you think.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

S.
    Please visit my photo galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda
    IP

Default Re: Noise Ninja and PSP 9

Not familiar with Noise Ninja, but VERY impressed with your photo galleries!
    ---
    Will
    IP

I use noise ninja 2. I didn't know there was a plug-in for PSP. I use it as a seperate app. When you have noisy images from using high ISO in low light, it does a wonderful job.

Highly recommended
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Not familiar with Noise Ninja, but VERY impressed with your photo galleries!
    ---
    Will
    Thanks, Will. That's awfully nice of you both to take the time to visit and then leave such a nice comment to boot. I appreciate your kind words very much indeed.

S.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto View Post
    I use noise ninja 2. I didn't know there was a plug-in for PSP. I use it as a seperate app. When you have noisy images from using high ISO in low light, it does a wonderful job.

Highly recommended
    I hadn't thought of treating Noise Ninja as a separate operation. If I may ask, how do you fit it into your work flow? Do you remove the noise early in the processing, or perhaps just before sharpening? I had been using PSP's edge sparing smoothing to nix noise very early---right after any adjustments to the horizon or cropping. I'm never sure, though, if there is an ideal sequence to all this.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

Suzanne
    IP

I find it provides better results when done as the first step of the workflow. It has adjustments to include sharpness.
    IP