Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool deleted position

For some strange reason, when I delete an object, the page centre moves. This is a major problem when making animations as I can't paste objects into the same central position. Why is it doing this?

Default Re: deleted position

Not sure what you mean. If you use Control V to paste back an object, it is always off center. That is not too much of a disadvantage.

What I do is make a background rectangle and delete it after I finish the animation. That way I can use the align tool to center on the rectangle as the rectangle represents my "stage" in where all my little actors and props display.

Oh yes, in case you didn't know, Ctrl-Shift-V when pasting from frame to frame will put an object exactly in the same place where it was located on the originating frame. This comes in handy when you have forgotten to include something like a face into an animation.

Thumbs up Re: deleted position

In an animation page I have a few frames.
    The animation objects are all in the middle of the page (100% zoom factor)
    I delete an object.
    The whole page moves (by half a screen).
    I click on 'undo' and the object is restored back to its original position.
    The object is now visible in the top left hand corner instead of the centre.

I have just clicked on the centre square of the 'set position' block and things are back to normal again.
    Thanks.

Is this with the new update or with an older version? Xara Xtreme or Xara Xtreme Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Is this with the new update or with an older version? Xara Xtreme or Xara Xtreme Pro?
    With the old XXPro 3.0

Perhaps this problem is only within your animation? Are you able to reproduce this in every new animation?

I've tested it on my side, but never recognized such problems with Xara Xtreme Pro 3.0 on my PC (Windows XP).

Remi

I was able to reproduce this problem in new animations but not since I fixed the problem (by clicking on the 'Set origin position) with Xara Xtreme Pro 3.0 on my PC (Windows XP).