Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arc?

Lightbulb Re: Arc?

Hi Folks,

I was also wondering about creating an arc and all those methods above "works" but when it takes to create a specific part, angle arc or wheel segment, it is impossible to du without an calculator and geometric forms.

It would be more professional to have a real tool to create arc and wheel segment.

Maby Xara Team will be kind and give us such tool soon, which I am sure would be welcome by everyone here, wouldn't it?

Cheers
    Pawel
    Last edited by pawel; 07 July 2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Arc?

one way of doing this is:

You draw straight line segments. Then, when the endpoints are selected you can use the Info Bar to type in the desired angle (see the Help file concerning curve editing).

Finally, you can use the lines to trim the circle into a arc.

Default Re: Arc?

What version? In Xtreme, I don't see angle in any bar, either in the workspace or in the line gallery.

(I assume you mean draw two straight lines by creating a point with the Pen Tool, clicking the center point (becoming the origin of the angle), then clicking the third point at some angle compared to the original line?)

EDIT: whoops - nemmine - "A" on info bar is angle...
    Last edited by DGehman; 07 July 2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: blind; stopped thinking