Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Xaralx progress!

Was just browsing the mailing list and it appears JLM(?) has made some patches for xaralx. Has anyone tried these yet?
    IP

Default Re: Xaralx progress!

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    Was just browsing the mailing list and it appears JLM(?) has made some patches for xaralx. Has anyone tried these yet?
    There are two programmers working on XaraLX, one porting to Cairo, another improving the existing code.

Nothing has been placed on the download website since 31 January.

frank
    IP

well, something is in move...

If the port to Cairo will go well - we will loose some speed but - we will win the world
    IP

Yes, I have, on two machines... they work as advertised. It's wonderful to see progress again with XaraLx.

frank
    IP

w00t!! I had to get out of my chair do a few jumps ;D this is great!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by SorinN View Post
    well, something is in move...

If the port to Cairo will go well - we will loose some speed but - we will win the world
    Gosh, say that again... the world, yes! All I really need now as an improvement is the ability to copy and paste text to the Linux clipboard. Then I'll no longer need anything from Windows. That day is coming. Maybe JLM will tackle such a task. There must be lots of code around, as most Linux apps do use the clipboard.

frank
    IP

Other good news - from http://sk1.sourceforge.net/ - SK1 is a new graphic editor for vectors and the good point is that SK1 guys get done an "Universal CDR importer" and they work forward for an Universal Convertor "import filters: CDR, CMX, AI, CGM, WMF, XFIG, SVG, SK, SK1, AFF and export filters: AI, SVG, SK, SK1, CGM, WMF" ... then a lot of peoples wil leave MS OS.

Well the things goes on ..

P.S.
    Anyway I am waiting for XaraXtreme Pro on Linux...
    IP

According to Xara's speed charts, Cairo was severely bashed for speed. Why is time being spent porting to Cairo? That work is being done to improve the existing code is pleasing to hear.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Why is time being spent porting to Cairo?
    Because you don't understand the problems with the open source community and the closed source parts of Xara Xtreme for Linux. Read some threads in this forum about this...

Remi
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Because you don't understand the problems with the open source community and the closed source parts of Xara Xtreme for Linux. Read some threads in this forum about this...

Remi
    Are there any particularly good ones you'd specifically recommend? Thanks.
    IP