Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xaralx progress!

I would really like to see people working on xaralx again. I've financially supported a few OSS projects and even bought a copy of Xara Xtreme Pro to help support the linux version. I'm really disappointed that all development on it has pretty much stopped, but I can understand it from a company perspective.
    IP

I actually wouldn't mind to pay for software on the Linux system.
    For me this is not about getting everything for free and see that you can get just as good programs for free.

My reason for moving from the other OS to Linux was all about getting a stable OS, and hopefully in the future buying the software that I used to use under the other OS.

I also hope that development of Xara pics up.

Another idea could be to change the name and leave the Linux-version to the community (allowing forks and what not). It will either live or not live, but then it is all up to the community to keep the development alive.

T
    IP

After trying the Linux version, I would buy a license for this software without question if it was up to date on Linux. I didn't move to Linux just for "free" software but because I much prefer Linux.

If Xara Extreme works under Wine I might even consider buying but if it doesn't Xara have definitely lost a sale, not because the software isn't great but because they ditched Linux.
    IP

Unfortunately, it was the other way around; the Linux community ditched XaraLX. But hey, there's always Inkscape...(cough).
    IP