Hi Tarabaz,

I'm glad that you found the time to study the threads about Xara LX as an Open Source project. Unfortunately you get something wrong:

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabaz View Post
You say, shame about them, because:
- ... [wrong conclusions]
I said "shame on them" in regards to jbus post #30, in which he complained about companies who don't spend a Cent to Open Source projects. So, shame on these profiteers.

But in order to come back to reality: I don't believe, that very much companies are spending money. Maybe some big companies like IBM, in order to get a marketing advantage. Getting money from other companies or users is more the "hope" of the Open Source developers, but not the reality. Instead, a lot of my customers are using tons of Open Source Software (Apache Webserver, MySQL database, Mozilla Firefox, ...) and never spend money to them.

Have you spent some Cents? How much? And to which Open Source project?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabaz View Post
Somewhere on this forum i read, some time ago, that the open source modell isn't fair. I think, thats wrong. Many Open Source Developners have get a Job, cause a Company like theire Work. Many of this Companies pay for Open Source Developners, cause they use theire software and like to help with money, to make this software better.
This was being said in this thread in my post #25. And I've said that the current Open Source reality (in german: "die derzeitige Open Source-Wirklichkeit") is more unfair, than fair from the view of the developers. That's not the same as saying that the Open Source model is unfair by itself. The Companies who are trying to use this Model and change it into their own commercial benefit are the one, who are changing Open Source into a unfair reality ("It's Robin Hood backwards" - see also post #29).

Remi