Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Overprint Fill

Default Overprint Fill

Following the instructions to the letter as on the attached screen shot, I can not get this function to work for me. Anyone any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen1.jpg 
Views:	988 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	38795  
    IP

Default Re: Overprint Fill

Select the fill you want to overprint, right click and click on Overprint Fill, there is also an Overprint Outline.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks for reply, Sally, but I have already tried your suggestion and it didn't work.
    Have just done a repair installation, in case any files were corrupt, and tried again, but still no joy.
    Enhanced with overprint is selected in the view menu, but the display does not change when I click on Overprint Fill in any of the drop-down menus.
    IP

It could be the colors you are using. The example that Corel is giving is Yellow, Magenta and Cyan, in other words the CMY(K) colors, printers colors. Overprint fill is designed to work with Spot Colors, although they do display in other colors too. It could be your video card isn't agreeing with CorelDRAW. Overprint fill does more than just give you a blending on screen of one color into the other as they would on a printing press, but it also separates these colors correctly in separations preview which is a part of print preview. If the separations are correct, your overprint is happening, but somehow your monitor isn't displaying properly.

You get the same basic view on screen by using transparency/mulitply/0% (default is 50%). Actually in spot color separations this works as well. I am an experienced users and often a good guesser, but I do not write code. I would suggest that you could pose the same question to Foster Coburn at unleash.com forum and also there are many users who are technically oriented, i.e., they write VBA and CorelScript at Oberonplace.com, they might be able to give you an answer to solve this.

The other way, is to unistall. And be sure you have no interenet connection upon reinstall, disable both firewall and antivirus which can at times interfere with an installation. After installation, do a defrag, so your program isn't splattered all over the hard drive (Windows does this even on a relatively empty hard drive). Then do your updates, sequentially as are on the list at corel.com. You may be told to do this from Foster or the folks over at oberonplace. Shelby and wOxxOm and Alex Valuenko are the best over there.
    Last edited by sallybode; 14 June 2007 at 03:34 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP