Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Toolbars don't save

At first run Xara Xtreme has 2 toolbars turned on. When i turn on some other and place it somewhere, after program restart there are two standard toolbars again. Interface settings don't save. Rulers are turned off too, but i turned it on previously. How can i fix this issue? Preferences file has of course writing permission.
    IP

Default Re: Toolbars don't save

I think after you've made your interface changes, go to File > save template..., and either name it new or replace the 800x600 one, making sure you click the "use as default template" check box in the save panel.
    IP

There is no 'use as default' option. I changed it in preferences file, but toolbars are hidden again. Rulers are turned on, format is A4 as i set, but toolbars not.
    Last edited by Cyr4x; 13 June 2007 at 11:26 AM.
    IP

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dtcbA.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	38793  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I'm not sure if the Save as Template is available in the Xtreme LX. I don't have my Linux system setup anymore so I'm unable to check that assumption out.

Odat may be able to answer the question.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

good point Bill - I cant check that either
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

saving as template will work, atleast for rulers..but usually I will just press Ctrl+L to bring up the rulers. As for toolbars I dont know
    IP

Xaralx allows you to save a template, but there is no option provided in the save dialog to allow you to make it the default template. As has been mentioned, you have to manually edit the value of "DefaultDrawingFile" in ~/.xaralx/preferences in order to change the default.

User saved templates are stored in ~/.xaralx/templates to keep them separate from the templates that come with the xaralx distribution. If you save a template with the same name as a default template, it won't show up in the list because there's already a template by that name. To get this kind of action you would have to manually copy the template to where the default is actually stored and overwrite the one that came there (probably not recommended).

Turning on bars other than the ones that are initially turned on doesn't seem to be saved anywhere in the settings that I can see, and they're also not saved as a part of the template (although the rulers are).

It would seem that part of the UI hasn't been developed yet.
    Last edited by Odat; 13 June 2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added bit on where templates are stored
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.
    IP