Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey all.
    Ive just got XP SP2 and noticed that all the sites that I design in Webstyle4 have the ActiveX bar pop up and say that 'malicious ActiveX has been blocked'.

I know that this feature can be turned off, but am a little worried that the standard user will not either be able to diable the feature, or be worried that my little navbar will cause their computer harm!!!

I notice that www.xara.com has a navbar at the top of the screen, and no warning is being displayed on my machine. Does anyone know if a 'fix' is being made, or if there is anyway around this problem!

Thanks,
    Paul

Hey all.
    Ive just got XP SP2 and noticed that all the sites that I design in Webstyle4 have the ActiveX bar pop up and say that 'malicious ActiveX has been blocked'.

I know that this feature can be turned off, but am a little worried that the standard user will not either be able to diable the feature, or be worried that my little navbar will cause their computer harm!!!

I notice that www.xara.com has a navbar at the top of the screen, and no warning is being displayed on my machine. Does anyone know if a 'fix' is being made, or if there is anyway around this problem!

Thanks,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

You should get such an error if you're viewing the pages locally on your PC, but not on the web. Is this the case for you?
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Thanks for the info. But why the errors when viewing locally only??

that is due to the processes of security in XPSP2.
    One of the most common problems with trojans and other forms of malware is to use a local file to initiate contact to a remote source. However, js is a commonly used language for web pages.
    SP2 blocks local file access to js without user intervention, but not to the web. Although you can increase the security on a machine and have it block on the web as well.

Just one of those things that you have to expect from M$