Some of their patches have required some pretty acrobatic installs. Seems like I used to have to install them from a network drive for some funky reason. Maybe in win95, don't remember now.

This is a fully legitimate version, it came from Provantage where I buy a lot of stuff.

Anyone want to tell me what version they are showing under the about menu after installing all the patches? That will let me know if my version is the latest or not.

I don't believe the color management is the problem, the eye dropper works just fine, it's the reporting of the color in the lower right corner that's wrong. It's not wrong on all colors, but a good many of them. And, enough so that it's unreliable. Object manager also shows the incorrect color.

Multiple up printing is also a problem. So far it won't work. It's sending something to the printer that causes the job to be canceled at the last minute. The work around I've been using is to either resave as a V12 and print from there, or impose in X3 and print to Distiller, then print from acrobat.

My printer is true postscript, from Adobe. Not some knock off emulation. I've had it for a couple of years and it works great, will do complicated full bleed tab size sheets without a bobble. Thought maybe it was something else, other than X3 since I've upgraded my workstation and reloaded all the drivers etc. But after some experimentation, it's X3.

I never buy corel software as soon as it hits the shelves. Actually I never buy new software period if at all possible. I've discovered that unless the new software actually does something more that you need done, it's not worth the hassle. Just to have the new version is not a good enough reason. Great new features are worthless unless you need them and use them. Some people do need them, some don't. With corel it's always wise to wait at least until the first patch comes out, preferably the second.

I used V9 way after V10, V11 and V12 came out. There was really just not enough new that I would use to justify the expense, and mainly the trouble of sorting through a new release.

I use this same methodology with new hardware purchases. Up until a couple of weeks ago my main workstation was a little over 3 years old. My god man, that's ancient! Yes it was. It still worked fine, I didn't have the latest and greatest software loaded so it was still plenty speedy, it worked just fine. My nest was well made and it worked.

Previously, I swapped out machines about every 13-18 months simply because technology marched on and speed was king. Somewhere along in there, technology didn't make huge jumps as it previously did. So a three year old machine worked nearly as well as a new machine, only I didn't have to go through the hassle of making my nest again. Being self employed, I can't just call the IT guy any ole time to come fix things. When I do he's me, and that means I'm one man down when it comes to production.

But all that being said, I have upgraded to a whole new system, built for speed and imaging. I was getting afraid of having such an old machine for my main workstation, even with all the data backed up, hardware does fail and I can't afford that. So I've a new machine with all the latest software. And I'm still trying to make my nest. It's almost there, if I could just get corel to cooperate.