Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Printer Sugestion

Hey Guys,

I am new here and I really have a hard question to ask.
    I am looking to get a top of the line printer and I am having a very hard time choosing what to get.
    The printer that I am going to get needs to be able to print stickers, bumper stickers, and business cards all at top quality.
    Now speed is not to important maybe anywhere more then 8 PPM.
    Cost right now does not matter now, I am looking between $300-$1000 and possibly go up to $1500 if need be.
    I have been looking at some really nice laser printers from HP and Epson.
    Before spending that much money I really wanted to see if there are any great printers out there that would do what I need.

Thanks,
    Evan

Default Re: Need Printer Sugestion

I work part time at a large publishing division in Scotland and I also do free lance work and I have found that my desktop laser and bubble jets cant complete with the quality of the professional equipment. So when I want to impress a client I take a disc down to my local print shop who are happy to do one off's for me on their large format laser.

Since your wanting to do biz cards which may or may not have bleed off and to get value from each pass of the laser you will need to purchase a printer which will allow bleed off and that normally means a larger format. If you must purchase a printer make it an A3+ inkjet so that you can do most tasks and at work we have just started using Epson Pro 3800 for proofing and I am told by my boss that it comes in at over £1000 but the quality is superb. Now just think how many small jobs that would take me to pay off as well as pay my taxes and the like the mind boggles. have a look at recent thread here: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27508
    Design is thinking made visual.