Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I bought a Genius NewSketch 1812HR series tablet... Well, I prefer a Wacon, but I can't find and buy one now... So I buy this...

It works OK with Photoshop, but When I initialize Painter 6.0. an error happened, and Painter 6.0 can't works. But, When I use a common mouse, Painter 6.0 works fine!
    It is a little frustrating, because I bought this tablet thinking in Painter...

Please, can anyone help me?

Thanks
    IP

I bought a Genius NewSketch 1812HR series tablet... Well, I prefer a Wacon, but I can't find and buy one now... So I buy this...

It works OK with Photoshop, but When I initialize Painter 6.0. an error happened, and Painter 6.0 can't works. But, When I use a common mouse, Painter 6.0 works fine!
    It is a little frustrating, because I bought this tablet thinking in Painter...

Please, can anyone help me?

Thanks
    IP

Wagner

I just checked out the Genius-Kye website. The 1812 tablet is a monster. But what I noticed was that there was no reference to pressure sensitivity in any of the feature lists of the products. Also there is nothing to show that it has drivers that SUPPORT Painter. I'm afraid you may be out of luck with the tablet you bought. It appears that Painter 6 was designed with Wacom specifically in mind whereas Genius is geared towards AutoCAD users . Note that if you do purchase a Wacom, 9x12 is plenty big enough a size and a lot less expensive than the 18x12 version .
    Good luck, man

stecyk66
    IP

The summagraphics sketch series drivers are compatible with genius tablets, If you are trying to use your tablet without a mouse you have to install a Proxy Mouse Driver, Its best to use both the tablet and mouse, I don't have painter 6 so I can't say for sure why you are having problems.
    If you want to give it a try and can't find the summagraphics driver on the net I can send it to you via e-mail, It is a win95 driver, I think it should work with win98 as well.
    IP

Hi! Wagner from Brazil here...

Thank you for the reply in the Painter forum...

Yes... Maybe I made a bad deal with this Genius... I received another
    e-mail, not very animating about Genius and Painter 6.0..

But, you said that maybe there is a hope?
    Well, I' ll search for this summagraphics driver in the Net...

If I don' t find, it's OK to you to send me a copy? I don' t want to
    bother you.

Thanks again, Wagner

IP