Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Im : Making an inverted masking image

Making an inverted masking image. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	38454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y002b.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	38455  

Default Re: Im

This looks good, Rich. Could you explain how you achieved each step?

Thank you.

Ken

Ken,

Bitmap transparency is a function contained in the Bitmap Gallery. You select something in the main window, and open the Bitmap Gallery. Then select an image in the Bitmap Gallery, and hit the transparent button. The selection in the main window will become transparent depending of the shades of the image in the gallery. White, for instance, will become full transparent. Variations in shade will be transparent accordingly. The image in the gallery doesn't need to be grayscale, and you can use the image itself to make itself transparent.

I used Akvis Sketch to make a grayscale image, and then made a bitmap copy to get it loaded in the bitmap gallery. I wanted an inverse of the image, and used the sketch image to make a white filed object transparent. Then place the white object over a black object and made a bitmap copy. This loaded an inverse image into the gallery. I used the inverse image to make a copy of the color image transparent. The used a bitmap copy of the result to enhance the original image.

There are several adjustments you can make in the transparency when you use the transparency tool.

Easy to do, lots to explain.

Try it and ask again.

Rich

An image desaturated by using a black object over the image and set to saturation transparency. A bitmap copy of the image recoloerd by draging a color from the color line. Then image with bitmap transparency using the bitmap copy of the image to set transparency from the bitmap gallery.

Rich

Name:	RC.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	38486  

Default Re: Im : Making an inverted masking image

Making a seamless tile from several seamless tiles and seamless tille masks.

Not everything was the same dimension, but with bitmap transparency you have fill handles when using the transparency tool. You also have profile options. I turned on snapping and snapped the bitmap transparency to the tile borders. With everything being seamless, the result is seamless. At least, that is the desired result. I made a bitmap copy and fillled an object to check for seams.

Rich

Name:	Tile.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	38491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OR Tile.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	38492  

Default Re: Im : Making an inverted masking image

An object in front was made transparent from the bitmap gallery, and the transparency (pattern) adjusted with the transparency tool.

Rich

Name:	Mul.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	38504