Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How did you come up with your member name?

jiva is ji from Jimmy and va from Val.

We've done some simple artwork for friends and local organisations (CD labels and inserts, flyers, websites etc) and when someone asked for an invoice, Val came up with the name jiva design... and it stuck.

We write and play acoustic music together, and it seemed as good a name as any - short and to the point... and, importantly, the domain name jiva.co.uk became available at just the right time.

There are some places where the name jiva has already been registered (eg eBay and some other forums) - in those circumstances we use jivauk as we live in the UK.

my name was already taken - so I improvised
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I live in Arizona and our states name was derived from arid zone which describes the climate.

I keep digging till I find what I want, I can be a real pest.

On the web no one knows who you are, how old you are, where you are, what sex you are, what you do, what you look like so masque seemed apposite.
    (I then fill in a registration form for the forum and told everything about who, what and where I am).
    Derek

Many years ago a stray white tomcat came courting our own (les girls), and he had such a plaintive, broken voiced meow that we started to refer to him as Rod Stewart. Some time later he was caught by a silage cutter which severed one of his back legs. Though he was far from tame we grabbed him and whisked him off to the vet, who removed the rest of the leg high up to remove dead weight and stitched him up. He recovered in our house and over time decided he was probably better off living with us and les girls.

His compromised rear suspension setup tended to handicap him in his negotiations with the local Toms and his status slipped accordingly, but the old fellow was nevertheless always up for it, so whenever we could we liked to lend him a subtle hand behind the scenes. On one occasion Rodzo (as he had become) was taking his well earned rest on the patio outside of the french windows when the dominant tom of the time, one Victor Lammie, shoved his head above the garden wall and commenced a staring match. As I happened to be looking out the window at the time I thrust my head forward in as threatening a posture as I could manage and added my stare to that of Rodzo. After a minute or so of this joint effort, Victor's nerve broke and he backed off out of sight.

Rodzo was so pleased with himself that he lolluped into the kitchen in a high good humour and demolished a second breakfast. Needless to say, we never told him.

I am Wiccan, and serve as High Priest of Wolf Moon Coven in Miami, FL, so WolfMoonHP seemed logical.
    ---
    Will

I used to have a neighbor who was from the deep south. She would use "mighty" do describe everything.. "It's mighty warm out here, or It's a mighty cloudy today", you get the point.

Anyway about that time my husband started playing pool online. He wanted me to play against him and I was not that enthused to do so. So one day he finally badgered me into getting registered to play against him, and out of sarcasm I chose "Mightyfun" as my screen name. Since then pool and my neighbor have become ancient history, but Mightyfun has stuck around.

Jen

Hmmmm... Had several names on here. raynerj1 is just the latest and greatest. My favorite handle had to have been "dot". Nobody knew which sex you where and you could do a sig real easy... Ya just needed a dot. But that was in the days before the internet. Anbody here remember BBS's and Commodore 64s?
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Hey John, of course some of us remember BBSs and Commodore 64s. Heck I even remember an Altair kit in the early 1970s

How's your memory of the PDP-11 or earlier mini-computers?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update