Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question How did you come up with your member name?

I'm curious to know how people on the forum came up with their member name. Some are obvious and others are quite cryptic, some you can hardly tell if the person is male or female. Anyways, I think it might be interesting to discover the reason behind a members name.

Default Re: How did you come up with your member name?

Hi Zeb,

Soquili is my name, given to me by a medicine man many years ago. It is Cherokee and means burden carrier.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I am Aunt Betsy because I don’t have any children of my own, but I have invested much of my life in encouraging and supporting my sisters’ children. I am very proud of all of them. A new stage in my life begins near the end of next month when my youngest niece, the one I have spent the most time with, leaves to attend the US Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland.
    Aunt Betsy

I called myself "Kiwi" cause I'm a ...................... "Kiwi"
    And as far as the sex goes, what do you call a male kiwi?... a "Kiwi"
    and what do you call a female kiwi? ... a "Kiwi"

Yep! Confusing aint it lol

Mr Kiwi sounds a bit formal so you can just call me "Kiwi"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...mallavatar.gif

My mother thought of it first many years ago, before I was born.

Just my first initial and last name. Shows how extremely creative I am, don't you think?
    Joe

As I was an ex paratrooper I tried various names with para in them, they were all taken but one of the suggested names was Parahandy, nothing to do with para's at all Parahandy was the fictional captain of a west coast Puffer a wee steam boat plying its trade on the West coast of Scotland called the Vital Spark
    The exploits of The Vital Spark’s crew first came to public prominence in 1905 when they appeared on the pages of the Glasgow Evening News. One hundred years later and the puffer boat’s famous crew - skipper Captain Peter MacFarlane (aka Para Handy), engineer Dan MacPhail, Dougie the Mate, and The Tar (later replaced by his cousin Sunny Jim) – continue to captivate generations of fans with their hilarious antics in a television series. way too much info but you did ask.

Mine is just a combination of my first name and half my last name. I have used it elsewhere. I was forced to use this name as an id on a computer system many years ago when my login name pauland was chosen for me (before I arrived). At the time I was furious, but then it grew on me and I've kept it ever since.

Paul
    [parahandy - I've never heard of such a TV series, what's it called? Maybe it's only shown in Scotland?]

Growing up my Brother and Sister would always refer to me as the Fruitloop in the family simply because I never conformed to their way of thinking, I love nature, the arts, drawing, painting, reading,writing, cooking,crafts and listening to various types of music. I march to my own drum, they on the the other hand follow the crowd hard hitting hard living individuals. So henceforth...Fruitloop.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

Paul
    [parahandy - I've never heard of such a TV series, what's it called? Maybe it's only shown in Scotland?]
    There are many references to the series on Google here is one of them
    http://www.theglasgowstory.com/image.php?inum=TGSB00391