Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am trying to repoduce a logo for a company here in Phoenix. I have the font used for the company name. The font is Pythagoras but it's pretty flat. I would like to send the logo and see if anyone can help me recreate the effect on the font. But I can't seem to find how to upload a file to this msg.
    I do not have Xara. This will have to be done all in CorelDraw/Photopaint.
    Thanks so much.
    Marie
    IP

Marie, upload the file as an attachment (300kb limit), the button is upper/right, looks like a paper clip.
    IP

Thanks Mike. Here it is.
    Marie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultralogohat.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	10493  
    IP

Marie, You can use the Boss effect in Photo Paint to give text a bit of 3D shape.

Here's the trick, Enter your text, create a mask from the text object, INVERT the mask so the background is protected, apply the boss effect.

Try these settings to start with.
    Width: 8
    Smoothness: 100
    Height: 30
    If you don't like the results, Ctrl+Z and adjust the settings until your happy. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

You may have to add the hi-lites by hand.
    IP

Mike,

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately I do not know how to accomplish this. I've tried and using 'help' got nowhere. Thank you though. I'll try to 'stick' with it. I am not very familar with Photo Paint.

Marie
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'll try to 'stick' with it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Good, I'll step you thru the proceedure later this evening, I have PhotoPaint 7, which version do you have?
    IP

I have ver 9 and 11. About what time and what zone are you in. I'm in Arizona.

Thank you so very much Mike.
    IP

I am on eastern standard time, I have to attend a meeting at 7pm, I will make some screen shots and post em when I get home, probably around 10pm.
    Do you have the boss effect? its in the fancy effects category.
    IP

Super, that would be around 8PM our time. I do have the 'boss' effect. I have never put text into PP. I have touched up pictures/photos but only that.

Thanks again. See you later.
    Marie
    IP

Marie,

Create a new doc. make it large, lots of pixels at the start will produce a good image.
    I used a 1500X1000 pixel document for this one word demo.
    You can reduce the size later.

Step 1: Enter your text with the text tool.
    IP