Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Object Manager Color Changes

Anyone know if I can change the colors of objects, say all black outlined objects to red outlined objects under Object Manager.

In this case there are hundreds of objects that need changing - can I do a mass color change or must I select each of the objects and make the change.

Thanks, Pete
    IP

Default Re: Object Manager Color Changes

You could use a script to recolor everything. I would use the Select Same script, then use click on the color I want.

If you are wanting to recolor all object line, you can use Color Styles too.

Select Same script is easier to specify just what you are selecting. Very useful.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Sally

Thanks much for the reply.

You could use a script to recolor everything. I would use the Select Same script, then use click on the color I want.

If you are wanting to recolor all object line, you can use Color Styles too.

Select Same script is easier to specify just what you are selecting. Very useful.

I am having problems finding the "Select Same" script - can you provide more information on where to find please.

Thanks

Pete
    IP

I have collected so many scripts in the last few years, not sure where they have all come from. This one is particularly useful, you can use it to change many things, text included.

It is most useful when you add a button for it to a toolbar.

There is a utility script from wOxxOm which makes adding scripts easier and assigning them to toolbars and selecting buttons.

You can find these here:
    http://recentfiles.netfirms.com/

wOxxOm also has a different Select Same Color script, which does not include fonts. He had a previous version, I did not find it worked for me, others had trouble with it too. He generally works the bugs out and fixes them however. Might be also worth a try.

I've tried about all of his scripts. They are very good. Some I don't know exactly what I'd use it for, however. Perhaps the light has not gone off on those in my head.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I would use edit/find & replace/replace objects

In the dialog select replace color
    In the next dialog you can replace either outlines or fills

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

I can't believe it - I have been looking high and low for a solution and it was right in front of me - thanks for your input Peter. Works great. And thanks again to Sally again for your inputs as well - great forum and great support.
    Pete
    IP

Peter is right, you can do it that way, if you have more colors of outlines and you only want to select one color, the Select Same script allows you to be more specific in your replacement.

I usually use Find and Replace Objects in changing from and RGB or CMYK clipart object to grayscale. But it has its other uses too.

Sally M. Bode
    IP