Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Logo needs help - any tips for redrawing?

Hi everyone!

I have this school logo (scanned in from my student id card - that's why there's a background).
    I'm thinking of making some stationery or something like that with this logo.
    Unfortuneately, this is the best thing i can get because the professional "redrawers" who re-drew our school logo are not allowed to give out anything. I have searched for this online...but no luck finding this logo in a better quality.

Thanks if you can give me any tips on redrawing...or something like that.(I'm a newbie)...I have Adobe Illustrator CS. (not CS2 or CS3)
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
    HGZL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prince of Wales Secondary Logo.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	371.3 KB 
ID:	38285  
    IP

Default Re: Logo needs help - any tips for redrawing?

what's ur school nam??
    IP

Hi HGZL I would watch the legal bit about copying art work like this you could get yourself in bother. If you decide to carry on the only good way is to use the pen tool and get finger hopping with the ctrl. + alt keys and hand trace the logo the hard bit is going to be the feathers. I had a crown from a crest that I did years ago so I have posted it here for you to mess around with. Post your logo here once you have completed it, all the best.
    Last edited by Albacore; 27 May 2007 at 10:06 AM.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I'm 99% certain that the "Prince of Wales Feathers" in this logo are in the Corel Clip art book under heraldry. Whether this helps or no depends if you have this CD collection of vector graphics... (or the NOVA one, which has a lot in common). Then you don't have to re-invent the wheel.

My tip for re-drawing is check Google image search for "Prince of Wales Feathers" and you will find a more 'traceable' image than the one on your scan, an image with more clearly defined lines.
    IP

Sorry the file with the crown was too big to upload will remove some of the objects and will post later.
    IP

You will find it here
    http://www.pwc.sch.lk/
    IP

Couldn't reduce the file size in Illy had to take it into XPro and export it there to get the file size down by more than 100 times.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thanks everyone... I acctually got this taken care of with a friend who's mom is a professional graphic designer. Thanks for all your help!!
    IP