Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: scanner

I know this is not really a Photopaint topic, but I have to buy a new scanner. Does anyone know and uses the EPSON PERFECTION 1640SU/PHOTO? Any experiences with it?
    IP

I know this is not really a Photopaint topic, but I have to buy a new scanner. Does anyone know and uses the EPSON PERFECTION 1640SU/PHOTO? Any experiences with it?
    IP

I don't know this Epson scanner, but you should consider three important characteristics

1. Optical resolution.

2. Density. It is the scanner capacity to see detail in shadows.

3. Scanner software.

Generally, if manufacturer doesn't advertise scanner density, it is because it is very low. Today, we find high resolution scanners with very low density.

Regards
    IP

The technical data speak of a density of 3, which is, if I'm not mistaken incapable of rendering the full depth of slides (it can scan slides up to 4x5inch) but sufficient for photographs and printed matter.
    The optical resolution is 1600x3200dpi.
    There is correction possible for gamma and for colour, and you get Photoshop 5 lim.ed with it. But I have and use Photopaint 9.

Some years back, these specifications were still high-end, now they can be found on a better quality home scanner. Isn't life bizarre? And we still want more...
    IP