Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Howdy folks...

Ok, there is an app called Cheetah3D 2, which is somewhat of a C4D clone, and said app is made to run on macs only, OSX 10.3 I believe...

so I have been following this app for a while now, checking out the website from time to time just to see if anything is happening, and yea, this guy is really building a nice app from what I can tell from reading the feature list...

at least it comes in as a nice cheapie render solution for Wings and Silo etc...

but who knows, maybe it is more than that and some cool things can be done with it...

anybody using a mac care to test drive this app and get back to us here?

http://cheetah3d.com/

I am looking at purchasing one of those new mini mac's, and I am wondering whether or not this Cheetah is a stable modeling/rendering app

Howdy folks...

Ok, there is an app called Cheetah3D 2, which is somewhat of a C4D clone, and said app is made to run on macs only, OSX 10.3 I believe...

so I have been following this app for a while now, checking out the website from time to time just to see if anything is happening, and yea, this guy is really building a nice app from what I can tell from reading the feature list...

at least it comes in as a nice cheapie render solution for Wings and Silo etc...

but who knows, maybe it is more than that and some cool things can be done with it...

anybody using a mac care to test drive this app and get back to us here?

http://cheetah3d.com/

I am looking at purchasing one of those new mini mac's, and I am wondering whether or not this Cheetah is a stable modeling/rendering app

Well, 23 views thus far, and nobody with a mac ?

Looking forward...

I've got an eMac but I've only got OSX 10.28 & it appears to be for OSX 10.3 only. Downloaded it and will try it later this week when I'm back home where the eMac is.

Will post results after giving it a go.

The interface appears very similar to C4D & it's a nice price but money is at a bit of a premium after just purchasing C4D V9 XL Bundle (Student Edition) for PC.

Cheers

Roger

thank you Roger. I look forward... and oh yes, congrats on getting C4D...

Just to keep the topic open here ........

Looking forward...