Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trust TB-4200 Problem

Hello everyone, this is the 2nd post of a newcomer to Photoshop. After taking advice I bought a Trust TB-4200. However I just cannot get the drivers to install and therefore cannot configure the tablet. I have noticed elsewhere on the web,that this has happened before but no solution was given.
    I have 3 computers, the same happens i.e. nothing on all 3.
    I have downloaded the new drivers from Trust, same result-nothing.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Please help

John
    IP

Default Re: Trust TB-4200 Problem

Hi wex99

This, I think, is a wifi tablet.
    If you have followed all the instructions for installation carefully and it dosn't work, you may have to accept that either it is faulty or there is a conflict in your system.
    I am not clear what you mean by drivers will not install - from CD presumably - do you get error message? Saying something like ' no device found'?
    If so check that the wireless connection between your tablet and computer has been made correctly.
    If you have channel option - try changing it - check the batteries, if it has them.
    Hope this helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hi Steve,
    It is a graphics tablet. The drivers are on a CD which you install & an icon should appear in the taskbar which when clicked starts the configuration software. My problem is, that no icon appears, so therefore I can go no further.
    I suspect that there is a conflict with some other software on my computer.
    I have downloade the latest drivers from the Trust website-no differance.
    I have turned off Norton-no differance.
    I have now backed up my data & am going to re-install windows and try and install to a clean system first thing tomorow unless some one can come up with a solution.
    I have contacted Customer sevices at Trust but the automated reply says 48working hours reply which means Tuesday at the earliest.
    Any help much appreciated.
    John
    IP

John
    ok - as I understand its a wireless graphics tablet?
    if you have wireless keyboard mouse that may be conflict?
    Have you have checked in control panel add/remove programs for the configuration program, it may only be the icon that is missing, if so there are other ways of starting it up.
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I have one of these tablets on my back-up computer that has worked fine from day one with xp pro.
    I think you may find it is some thing to do with Norton I had so many problems in the past with Norton not letting me just get on and use my computer, I would uninstall Norton [that may take a long, long time] and try to install your tablet again.
    One thing that may be worth check if you press CTRL+ALT+DELETE at the same time you can check the programs that are loaded at start-up, you should see the tablet listed and make sure it has a tick against it.
    Also check by right clicking on the my computer icon, for any problem hardware.
    IP

I have now re-installed windows. Complete and utter waste of time. Found some AIPTEC drivers installed them and the ICON briefly appears in the task bar & then dissapears. The prog is listed in Add/Remove, but only the option to remove is possible. Handrawn how else can I start the programme?
    Just had a look in the Task Manager Processes tab and the prog is using 2584k of memory, I think the tablet is faulty.??????
    Thanks guys

john
    IP

John its does sound like somthing may be at fault, but whether the tablet or your system is not clear.

The program may be listed under start/programs and you may be able to open it from there.

check your c:/windows/system 32 directory for something like the attached which is my tablet program
    If this works you can make a short cut

You are absolutely sure that the connection between the tablet and the computer is ok? - Try remaking it with the system running and then reboot.
    If the driver program is ok but thinks there is no tablet physically present it may very well not load into the tray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pt.png 
Views:	2514 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	38124  
    Last edited by handrawn; 20 May 2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: re-think
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

[
    If the driver program is ok but thinks there is no tablet physically present it may very well not load into the tray.[/QUOTE]

I think that what you say here is the problem. I think the tablet is faulty & the Icon only appears when a "tablet" is found on the system.
    The Tablet is connected via USB only, where presumably it draws the power required, hoiwever there is no power light showing on the tablet. (USB ports work with other stuff).
    Tried the shortcut from the system 32 Directory but it throws up an error.

Thanks for all your help & interest.
    Will report when I finally get the b******** working

John
    IP

the driver controls for the trust tablet, should be found in Settings- Contol Panel, just click on the icon.
    It is normal for the tablet icon to flash on the sreen for a few secs, I still think if you have NORTON on it may be treating the tablet as a virus.
    IP

Nothing to be seen in the control panel. I have re-installed windows, so there shouldn't be any conflict. Installed software before I put Norton back on & nothing. I assume the software is running in the background waiting for suitable hardware to be attached, which leads me to think that the unit is faulty.
    Thanks for all your work in trying to help me all of you.
    IP