Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Arrow Creating Shadows

I am in the process of editing a photo to match our new product. The original photo has grey panels on the bottom portion of the desk while the new models will have wood panels to match the table top. I can replace the panels but I need to recreate the shadows like the original. Here is the original photo:
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...icagoSmall.jpg

And here is where I am now:
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...oWoodSmall.jpg

I will continue to replace the gray with wood, but I want to tackle to problem of adding the shadows. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Creating Shadows

I didn't use Corel, I used Xara Xtreme Pro. I simply drew a black shape over your original pic's shadow, moved it in place over the wood-filled pic, feathered it and added transparency. Perhaps something similar could be done using Corel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	37966  
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Wow...thanks...that seems easy enough. I will give it a try!
    IP

I realize that it's a little late for a solution but there is an easier way to do this. Just cut out each section of the wood patterned panels and paste them as individual layers over the original picture. Position the wood panels where they should be on the desk and then set the Blend Mode in the Layers Palette for each layer to "Overlay". Your wood layer will blend with the shadow below it. If necessary, you can adjust the brightness and contrast for the wood layers if they're a bit too dark.
    IP