Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Building site in Pro

Hi All,
    I was thinking of trying to build some Flash type effects into websites and wondered if anyone was doing it regularly? I haven't bought Pro yet but would consider it if anyone could recommend it highly enough. I was also thinking of Swish too, and wondered if anyone had any experience of both to give an honest comparison of their relative merits.

Cheers
    Andy
    IP

Default Re: Building site in Pro

Can .fla files be edited in Xtreme Pro? I have seen a few templates in Flash which I thought of playing with, but still to buy Pro.... I have Flash 5 but it's way too old to handle the new site templates I've seen...

Cheers
    Andy
    IP

.FLA files can only opened and edited from a Flash editor like Adobe Flash. Xara Xtreme Pro can export Flash animations, but not import them. The animation module in Xara Xtreme Pro is only for creating simple animations, nothing more.

Professional Flash editors offers scripting functionalities to create interactive Flash animations with ActionScript and supports sound and embedded movies.

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 14 May 2007 at 04:42 PM.
    IP

Hi,

U can import the swf files made in XXPro into Swishmax
    (scripted files won't)
    It will handle most objects as shapes in SM
    Only feathered and with certain transparencies (which won't work in XXPro either,convert these to bitmap copies,it will import them as png)
    do it myself all the time

Gr,Hans

(do u use the same nickname at swishzone by the way??)
    Last edited by haakoo; 14 May 2007 at 06:34 PM.
    IP

Hi All,

When I open the folder with the flash site there is a "movie" which is either a ".swf" or ".spl" file; I couldn't establish which file extension was the actual one associated with the file, but I guess it is a .swf. Are these editable....?

Cheers
    Andy
    IP

Andy,

The file format that flash uses to hold the editable content of a Flash file is .fla

The .swf file is the file that contains the final compressed 'movie' so to speak, and is not easily editable.

I'm not sure re the .spl file. It's a printer spool file and can be associated with Flash and other programs.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 15 May 2007 at 01:15 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thats true Egg,

Fla only being edited by Flash and Swi only being edited in Swishmax
    But the swf files exported by XXPro are to be imported and given a place action in the time line but the object remains objects(vector)
    Some features though aren't supported(scripts,effects,feathering and the transparency mostly,you can always export these objects as bitmap copies)

Find it very useful to create layout,buttons in xxpro because the drawing canvas in flash and swishmax aren't handy to use

Gr,Hans
    IP