Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3D Wood

Default 3D Wood

I’ve been working on wood inlay and 3D effect. Here is my latest. Everything was done the in the CorelDraw suite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOOD3.png 
Views:	298 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	37726  
    Aunt Betsy

Default Re: 3D Wood

Hi Betsy:
    Looks very nice! Especially like the different colored grain running through. Looks like it's inlayed.
    Scott
    "I do not think that I will ever reach a stage when I will say, "This is what I believe. Finished." What I believe is alive... and open to growth."
    Madeleine L'Engle

Thanks Scott, that was the look I was going for.
    Aunt Betsy

Nice work Betsy! I'm not familiar with Corel Draw, I'll have to check it out

gloria

Thumbs up Re: 3D Wood

Cool effect, I think you have done it very well. Perhaps you should explore some 3D software, you might like it.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 07 May 2007 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks Gloria and Mike,

I have recently downloaded Blender and tutorials on the Blender website, when I have some time to devote to it I plan to explore some of its possibilities. I also plan to purchase some of the Xara programs when they come out with the next upgrade. I have seen some of the art work that many of the people on this forum have produced with these programs and I’m very impressed. But for now, I just upgraded to CorelDraw X3 from 9 and I have more than enough new features to keep me busy for awhile.
    Aunt Betsy