Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default White background on exported logo graphic

I have created a logo graphic in Corel Draw which I have on my website. The logo is saved as a png file.

The website has the logo on a white background, this is fine. I wanted to put the logo onto a grey banner. When I do this the logo appears as if it is on a white square.

Obviously in creating the logo I have produced it on a white page background. Is it possible to create it on a "clear" background so that if I re-save it as a png file and import it to my website I can place it on any coloured background without seeing the white square.

I hope this makes sense

Mike
    IP

Default Re: White background on exported logo graphic

Hi Mike

there will be a way to export your png from coreldraw with a transparent background - but I cant be specific, because I don't have the program on my current machine.
    Look for an option that saves with alpha[channel] or 32bit mode or simply with transparency

It will be covered in the corel help somewhere I feel sure.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Steve,

Thanks. There is an option to save the graphic in png format with a transparent background. However it doesn't seem to make any difference.

When I save the graphic and then add it to anything with a non white background the result is always the logo with a white square behind.
    IP

Mike

Sally is the corel expert here, hopefully she will be able to sort this in due course.
    Its not flattening during save is it? Photoshop can do that with png if its muti-layer and the background's white.
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

You should copy your logo and paste it into Photo Paint, then create a mask from the object. Now save it as a png and use the mask option for the transparency. This should work for you. If there is a line about the logo after you have saved it, you need to make the mask tighter.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

gosh - do you really need to go through all that just to export a transparent background png in corel draw?
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I don't know if there is another way, but I know this one works, I have been using it for the last few days for my animated gifs.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

always in favour of what works
    just seems a long way round
    maybe quicker to import into ps and use magic eraser?
    cant tell without seeing file
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

what browser are you viewing it in?

geo.
    IP

I'm using Internet Explorer.

I would have thought that it should be a straight forward process to save the graphic (in whatever format) without the white background.

I can accomplish what I want. What I can do is create the graphic on a coloured background that matches the banner colour - assuming that is that the colours match up.

Curiosity has now got the better of me and I would like to know if it is at all possible to save the image with a transparent background. Logic tells me that you should.

Mike
    IP