Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Button accessing another page problem

Hello...

I have Menu Maker 1.1

I have a problem when I click on a button on my site to access another page! It opens another window and displays the page, which sometimes has to be displayed fully by clicking on the box icon in the upper right corner of the window.

What I want is for the page to be displayed in the same window! Any ideas of how to set up my buttons to display pages in the same window?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Button accessing another page problem

Hi Khronos

The page you jump to can open in a different window. Target controls this:

Specifying a Target

If you want the web address to display in a specific frame in the browser, you can specify the "target" frame.
    For example, if you type 'http://xara.com' into the URL field and 'RIGHT' into the Frame field, then this tells the browser to display the page 'http://xara.com' in the frame called 'RIGHT'.
    The drop-down list contains four frame names that cause the browser to do special things:

_self Fetch the specified web page into this frame. (The frame that contains this object.) This is the best option to use if you are not sure which to use.
    _parent Fetch the specified web page into the parent window or frameset that contains this frame.
    _top Fetch the web page into the main browser window, replacing any existing frames.
    _blank Fetch the web page into a new window.
    none Do not include a TARGET attribute in the image map entry for this object. This has the same effect as _self unless you have used a BASE TARGET= tag in the HTML document.

You can either select one of these, or type in the name of another frame.

Default Re: Button accessing another page problem

Thank you for your reply aridzone

Now all I need to do is find the time to use the info you sent me!

I appreciate you taking the time to explain this. I'm used to coding in VB 6.0 over the past few years- for some reason, a simple button command in Menu Maker, wasn't very apparent!