Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PI 10 and Vista

Default PI 10 and Vista

Had to buy new computer and of coarse it came with Vista installed.
    Spent 2 days pulling my hair out trying to reinstall my software. Half of everything I installed had bugs.
    Search of Xara forum found several posts stating “right click program icon and open as administrator,
    close program and open as usual”. That worked like magic. Only bug PI10 has, at least that I know of, is that the align tools won’t work , say’s “not enough memory”. Have 3 GB ram. It actually seems like its not
    accessing the memory because alignment sometimes works on tiny objects. I suppose the only fix to this will be upgrading to latest version which I don’t want to do.
    Also, this is odd. I’ve had the old PS texturizer filter in my plugin folder for years, but it never worked in PI 10, said “not enough memory”. Just for the heck of it I tried it and it worked perfectly.
    IP

Default Re: PI 10 and Vista

Jerr,
    I haven't got Vista but do use PI 12.
    Used to get the lack of memory error a lot when I was using PI 8 and 10 but so far (4 months) PI 12 has been faultless. (I only have 1gb ram)

I'm also a member of Pirc (Photoimpact International) and there are a lot of memory issues in PI "all versions" reported there.
    I don't know whether I've just been lucky or not but personally PI 12 is my choice by far of the Photo Impacts
    IP