Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: saving work

Default saving work

Does any1 no why when I do alot of work on my illustrator and go to save it, I just get a pop-up saying 'invalid' & 'error' and unables me to save my work?
    I know its not my memory because iv still got plenty of room left.
    IP

Default Re: saving work

Sorry have not had this problem in 4 years of using Illy! Have you tried unticking "create compatible PDF file" in the save dialogue box in Illustrators Options this may be your problem if the file contains a large bitmap picture as it nearly doubles the size of the file.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Default Re: saving work

Have you always had this problem?
    Deleting the [hidden] AIPrefs file might solve it.
    IP

Default Re: saving work in adobe illustrator

Hi Sorken,

I have never experienced this problem either. However without identifying the exact specifics of what your OS, Illustrator versions used, machine specs, drive space etc. it's just a little sketchy to make an intelligent assist on the matter. If you can be more specific about it all, we can probably figure it out because it's not a normal thing. I think the other poster's query about the files that trigger it and settings used in saving are on a great track. So, what settings and what exactly is the file size, type, and composition. Like save it as what ai, eps, pdf...
    IP